Some favorite pieces of poetry

Posted by Dr. Sulabh Shrestha | Posted in | Posted on 6:59 AM

To Live is to Die: Metallica


When a Man Lies He Murders
Some Part of the World
These Are the Pale Deaths Which
Men Miscall Their Lives
All this I Cannot Bear
to Witness Any Longer
Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation
Take Me Home


Dead Boy's Poem: Nightwish

"If you read this line, remember not the hand that wrote it
Remember only the verse, songmaker`s cry, the one without tears
For I`ve given this its strength and it has become my only strength.
Comforting home, mother`s lap, chance for immortality
Where being wanted became a thrill I never knew
The sweet piano writing down my life"

"Teach me passion for I fear it`s gone
Show me love, hold the lorn
So much more I wanted to give to the ones who love me
I`m sorry
Time will tell (this bitter farewell)
I live no more to shame nor me nor you

Imagine: John Lennon


Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace


You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one


The Evil that Men Do: Iron Maiden

Love is a razor and I walked the line on that silver blade
Slept in the dust with his daughter, her eyes red with
The slaughter of innocence
But I will pray for her
I will call her name out loud
I would bleed for her
If only I could see her now

Living on a razors edge
Balancing on a ledge
Living on a razors edge

Beauty Slept in Sodom: Cradle of Filth


Death, spirit me away
My anguished soul doth strain
On taut and twisted reins
Yet, insatiate I still remain
Like a proud, unfalled star
That dares thee from afar
To calm my thund'rous heart
Else, rend it's knots apart
So I may never sing


Of jewelled skies o'er my strings
And love, a wanton thing
Can plunge on burnt, black wings
To hang amid the thorns
In scarlet, like velvet worn
About the clouded moon
Who wanes in solitude....


I am alone
Thirsting for the dark
That lurks beneath marbled stone
What black witchcraft
Shalt prise thee from thy dreams
And what perverse world-strategy
Will wend it's way with thee from sleep?

Comments (2)

  1. To Live Is To Die

  2. Excellent! I love it!

    XO

free counters

Inspirations: Music Is All About Passion